We are proud to represent the UK’s aerospace, defence, security and space sectors – which are an engine of economic growth and a hub of technological breakthroughs and innovation. However, the rapidly evolving technological landscape, the pressing need to meet the UK’s Net Zero commitments and increasing international competition have brought our sectors to a crucial turning point.
Our latest policy paper outlines our belief that a refreshed, ambitious, and bipartisan industrial strategy is necessary to navigate these challenges and secure the UK’s position as a global manufacturing powerhouse. This paper provides the context and reasons for such an approach and outlines the measures that can turn this strategic vision into reality.
Our recommendations focus on five key areas:
- The development and implementation of a bold and ambitious Industrial Strategy
- The reinforcement of partnerships between government and industry
- The creation of a competitive and stable investment environment
- The coordination of a joint industry-government national effort to address skills shortages
- The delivery of an enabling, proactive, and well-resourced regulatory environment in the UK
By setting a clear and decisive direction for the future, the UK Government can send a strong market signal, demonstrating its commitment to supporting companies across the supply chain in the aerospace, defence, security, and space sectors.
If the government recognises the strategic value of these sectors and responds with a coordinated policy approach, the UK can secure its position as a leading player in advanced manufacturing.
The UK must not miss its opportunity to consolidate its place in the global economy as a hub for future technology and innovation.
Read the full policy paper here: