The ADS team consists of talented professionals with deep and embedded expertise across the aerospace, defence, security and space sectors. Our team have experience in government departments such as the Home Office, deep industry expertise from decades of work within industry, and highly specialised policy environments.
Does this sound like you? Our business is expanding fast, and we’re always on the look out for more talent.
Our team is constantly growing to suit the evolving needs of the UK’s innovative aerospace, defence, security and space sectors.
We offer a range of employee benefits that provide a rewarding and flexible working environment:
- Annual leave – 28 days plus public holidays
- Bonus – discretionary annual bonus
- Pension – 6% employer contribution after 12 weeks employment
- Hybrid working – work up to 2 days per week from home (discretionary and role dependent)
- Life Assurance – cover at 3 x annual salary from start date
- Private Health Insurance – upon successful completion of probationary period (not applicable to FTC roles)
- Extended remote working – work abroad or at home with 25% taken as annual leave (discretionary and role dependent)
- 9 day fortnight – work compressed hours for 9 days and take the 10th day as leave (discretionary and role dependent)
- Buying additional leave – buy up to 5 days additional leave per year (discretionary)
- Long service award – awarded one additional day of leave per year, after 5 years of service
- Enhanced Parental Leave and Pay – subject to length of service
- Parking – free and secure parking for all employees based in Farnborough
- Travel – season ticket loan
- Volunteering – 2 x paid days per annum for volunteering
- Eye tests – annual Eye Test and £50 toward glasses for VDU use
- Cycling – cycle to work scheme
We believe people are our most important asset, which is why we empower our staff to thrive through a myriad of flexible working practices; providing the space and tools they need to succeed. We’re delighted to have this formally recognised through the Flexa global directory of verified companies.
Hear from our people directly
I joined ADS in 2016 after working for nearly 18 years for a large aerospace systems company in France and the UK.
I began work supporting the business development of ADS member companies, working with the Department of International Trade to promote UK companies for export opportunities.
Now I am the Programme Director for the NATEP Programme, supporting UK SMEs through a programme of funding and mentoring.
ADS offers an excellent working experience, with experienced and talented colleagues from a variety of backgrounds and sectors. The culture is one of trust and employees are empowered to provide insight and opinions across a wide range of subjects.
– NATEP Programme Director (7.5years)
I have now been working at ADS Group (and one of its pre-merger predecessors) since April 1986 – and I LOVE my job! Every single day is different, and I do not know from one day to the next, what queries are going to be raised with me by any of the stakeholders with whom we have contact.
My colleagues at ADS Group are fabulous and enormously helpful, with a real team spirit, and a willingness to go above and beyond to help one another, and our Members, with their highly diverse interests and activities.
They often say that “variety is the spice of life”, and mine is so varied that I LOVE my job. I count myself to be so lucky to be working here.
PS – I also LOVE my job!
– Director – Overseas & Exports (39 years)
I couldn’t recommend ADS as a secondment opportunity enough. I joined ADS as the CEOs office executive/Chief of staff working on business efficiencies, communication, and continuous improvements. I was responsible for some of the work in the Scottish public affairs and policy team.
This secondment really taught me about how to adapt to working in new environments and different organisations. Being very externally focused on their members, I got the opportunities that I wouldn’t otherwise have had, speaking with likeminded people in the industry, collaborating with other companies just like Leonardo, brainstorming on share problems and building my networking skills.
This exposure to business relations gave me a breadth of exposure into what it takes to manage in an organisation and view projects as a bigger picture. Thus, has helped me build my organisation and people skills to become closer to my future goals which is to be a successful people management professional. My time at ADS helped me build on current skills and I have developed a new interest for a multitude of different topics and created new contacts ultimately opening my career opportunities widely for my future. I now have more opportunities for my future than I ever have before and, I am excited for the opportunities being a Secondee at ADS has given me.