Coronavirus COVID-19 Hub
The impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on business is constantly evolving in the UK and globally.
To help keep ADS members informed and updated with the latest advice, information and resources available, we have created this COVID-19 Hub which is a central source of information so you can understand how it may affect your business and make informed decisions.
- Access to CBILS has changed as the European Commission has relaxed its State Aid rules so that small and micro businesses (fewer than 50 employees and turnover less than £9 million) will be exempt from elements of the ‘undertaking in difficulty’ test, and are now eligible for the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS). Find out more
- The Government has pledged £20 million to improve small businesses’ management, productivity and problem-solving skills with two new leadership programmes to help small business leaders grow their companies in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic. Find out more
- The Government has passed a new law to ensure furloughed employees receive statutory redundancy pay based on their normal wages, rather than a reduced furlough rate. Find out more
- The Government have announced £20 million in new funding to help smaller businesses recover from the effects of the coronavirus pandemic
- New Government guidance for businesses and organisations on how to recognise, contain and report incidents of coronavirus has been published including specific action cards for manufacturers.
- Upcoming COVID-19 Webinar #14: Build a Resilient Business with Waterstons – 13 August
Weekly COVID-19 Email Bulletin
Distributed every Tuesday, the COVID-19 Bulletin provides a summary of the latest information and advice from the online COVID-19 Hub straight into your inbox.
Members can sign-up to receive the bulletin here:
1 June 2020 | 26 May 2020 | 12 May 2020 | 5 May 2020 | 28 April 2020 | 21 April 2020 | 14 April 2020 | 7 April 2020 | 31 March 2020 | 24 March 2020 | 17 March 2020
Please note this information was accurate on each date it was published, however it will not be updated in the future.
How is COVID-19 impacting business?
The Government is closely monitoring developments in relation to potential economic impacts on the UK economy and individual businesses and supply chain and we are keen that our members feed back any specific concerns.
We welcome information on:
- The impacts across supply, demand and labour markets
- Actions being taken by firms to address these impacts
- Any gaps in the Government response from your perspective
Please send your business intelligence or any questions you may have to email@example.com. We understand that individual company information may be commercially sensitive, and it will be treated accordingly. For any questions we will attempt to get back to you as soon as possible, and any common queries will be answered within the Member FAQs section of this Hub.