Coronavirus COVID-19 Hub
The impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on business is constantly evolving in the UK and globally.
To help keep ADS members informed and updated with the latest advice, information and resources available, we have created this COVID-19 Hub which is a central source of information so you can understand how it may affect your business and make informed decisions.
- The government’s Job Support Scheme (JSS) to be introduced from 1 November will be amended for businesses that have remained open in all alert levels. Workers will be eligible for the JSS if they work 20% of their normal hours (rather than 33% as previously required), while the employers contribution for the hours not worked will be reduced from 33% to 5%. Find out more
- The introduction of a new direct, cash grant scheme for businesses affected by Tier 2 restrictions that can’t remain open. Funding will be provided to the local authorities to administer this grant (equivalent to 70% of the grant available to closed businesses in Tier 3). This grant will be backdated. Find out more
- The Self-Employment Income Support Scheme will be extended from November 2020 to April 2021 in the form of two taxable grants. The first grant will cover November – January and has now been doubled from 20% to 40% of average monthly trading profits, paid out in a single instalment covering 3 months’ worth of profits, with an increased cap at £3,750 in total. Find out more
COVID-19 Email Bulletin
Our COVID-19 Bulletins provide a summary of the latest information and advice from the online COVID-19 Hub straight into your inbox.
Members can sign-up to receive the bulletin here:
How is COVID-19 impacting business?
The Government is closely monitoring developments in relation to potential economic impacts on the UK economy and individual businesses and supply chain and we are keen that our members feed back any specific concerns.
We welcome information on:
- The impacts across supply, demand and labour markets
- Actions being taken by firms to address these impacts
- Any gaps in the Government response from your perspective
Please send your business intelligence or any questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org. We understand that individual company information may be commercially sensitive, and it will be treated accordingly. For any questions we will attempt to get back to you as soon as possible.