Coronavirus COVID-19 Hub
The impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on business is constantly evolving in the UK and globally.
To help keep ADS members informed and updated with the latest advice, information and resources available, we have created this COVID-19 Hub which is a central source of information so you can understand how it may affect your business and make informed decisions.
- The Government has released its Winter Plan for managing coronavirus which outlines how England’s national restrictions will end on Wednesday 2 December. In England a revised local restriction tier system will return from Wednesday 2 December. Find out more
- England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are all operating under difference COVID-19 restrictions. If you are based in any of the devolved administrations, the restrictions and support available may be different. Find out more
- The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS – also known as the furlough scheme) which was due to end on 31 October will be extended until the end of March 2021. The CJRS will operate as the previous scheme did, with businesses being paid upfront to cover wages costs, and will mirror levels available under the CJRS in August. The Government will pay 80% of wages up to a cap of £2,500 and employers will pay employer National Insurance Contributions (NICs) and pension contributions only for the hours the employee does not work. As under the current CJRS, flexible furloughing will be allowed in addition to full-time furloughing. To be eligible to be claimed under this extension, employees must have been on an employer’s PAYE payroll by 23:59 30th October 2020. Find out more
- The Job Support Scheme, which was scheduled to come in from Sunday 1 November, has been postponed until the furlough scheme ends. Find out more
- The Job Retention Bonus will not be paid in February. Alternative job retention policies may be announced at a later date.
- The deadline for applications to Government-backed loan schemes including the Bounce Back Loan Scheme (BBLS), Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS), Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CLBILS) and Future Fund will be extended to 31 January 2021. If you already have a Bounce Back Loan but borrowed less than you were entitled to, you can top up your existing loan to your maximum amount. You must request the top-up by 31 January 2021. Find out more
- The Self-Employment Income Support Scheme has been extended from November 2020 to April 2021. Two taxable grants (November-January and February to April) will be paid out in two single instalments covering 3 months’ worth of average monthly trading profits. The first instalment will pay 80% of average monthly profits up to £7,500. Find out more
NHS Test & Trace App
The official NHS COVID-19 contact tracing app for England and Wales is the fastest way of knowing when you’re at risk from coronavirus (COVID-19). The quicker you know, the quicker you can alert your loved ones, and your community. The more of us that use it, the better we can control coronavirus. Download the app and find out more
Weekly COVID-19 Email Bulletin
Our COVID-19 Bulletin provides a summary of the latest information and advice from the online COVID-19 Hub straight into your inbox.
Members can sign-up to receive the bulletin here:
How is COVID-19 impacting business?
The Government is closely monitoring developments in relation to potential economic impacts on the UK economy and individual businesses and supply chain and we are keen that our members feed back any specific concerns.
We welcome information on:
- The impacts across supply, demand and labour markets
- Actions being taken by firms to address these impacts
- Any gaps in the Government response from your perspective
Please send your business intelligence or any questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org. We understand that individual company information may be commercially sensitive, and it will be treated accordingly. For any questions we will attempt to get back to you as soon as possible.