The impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on business is constantly evolving in the UK and globally. To help keep ADS members informed and updated with the latest advice, information and resources available, we have created this COVID-19 Hub which is a central source of information so you can understand how it may affect your business and make informed decisions.
The UK Government has put forward its “Living with Covid” plan for England:
From 24 February 2022
- People with Covid will no longer be legally required to self-isolate
- Guidance will remain in place for those who test positive to stay at home and avoid contact with others for at least five full days
- Routine contact tracing will end – people in contact with someone with Covid will no longer be advised to self-isolate or take daily tests
- Workers will no longer be required to tell their employer if they need to self-isolate
From Friday 18 March
- You do not need to take any COVID-19 tests or fill in a passenger locator form when travelling to the UK from abroad. These changes apply whether you are fully vaccinated or not.
From 1 April 2022
- Covid tests will no longer be free for most people
- The use of Covid passports will no longer be recommended, except for international travel
- Employers will no longer have to consider Covid as a separate risk when working out how to keep employees safe
The guidance is constantly being updated and we advise you to check the following page regularly: Coronavirus (COVID-19): what you need to do.
The UK Government and devolved administrations have launched several measures for businesses to help them navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. To find out more, use the Government business support search tool.
For companies operating in Scotland, the Scottish Government has implemented additional business support. For companies operating in Wales, the Welsh Government has outlined the measures available. For those in Northern Ireland, information for businesses can be found here.
If you trade internationally, the Government has published guidance which you can access here.
Recovery Loan Scheme – A UK-wide Recovery Loan Scheme makes available loans between £25,001 and £10 million, and asset and invoice finance between £1,000 and £10 million, to help businesses of all sizes through the next stage of recovery. The scheme has been extended to 30 June 2022. The scheme is only open to small and medium sized enterprises and the maximum amount of finance available will be £2 million per business. The guarantee coverage that the government will provide to lenders will be reduced to 70% Find out more about the Recovery Loan Scheme here
Events and international travel
Check our Events Listings page to check the latest status on all ADS events. Where changes have been incurred, these will be updated online and ADS members who have been booked to either attend or exhibit at the event will be notified by our Events Team.
From Friday 18 March you do not need to take any COVID-19 tests or fill in a passenger locator form when travelling to the UK from abroad. These changes apply whether you are fully vaccinated or not.
If you are travelling abroad from England during coronavirus (COVID-19), different testing and quarantine rules apply depending on the country you are visiting. Find out more