Coronavirus COVID-19 Hub
The impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on business is constantly evolving in the UK and globally.
To help keep ADS members informed and updated with the latest advice, information and resources available, we have created this COVID-19 Hub which is a central source of information so you can understand how it may affect your business and make informed decisions.
- From Monday 12th April England will move to Step Two of the roadmap and some of the rules on what you can and cannot do will change. The Government has published the ‘COVID-19 Response – Spring 2021’, setting out the roadmap out of the current lockdown for England. The March Budget set out further details on economic support. The ‘Build Back Better: Our Plan For Growth’ sets out the Treasury’s economic recovery and support for industry. From Monday 12th April England will move to Step Two of the roadmap.
- A new government-backed Recovery Loan Scheme is now available to provide additional finance to those businesses that need it. Loans will include 80% government guarantee and interest rate cap – opened until 31 December 2021. Find out more
- In the next major push for the Government’s workplace testing programme, all employers will now be able to offer their employees free, rapid and regular testing that can be taken at home. Businesses must register interest by 12 April to access free tests. Businesses across the country will be eligible to order the home test kits online to distribute to their employees. Staff will then complete the home test in the normal way, before reporting their results to the NHS using the provided gov.uk address. Find out more
- Aerospace engineers are on the list of professions for the bespoke testing scheme for international arrivals into England. Regular negative tests required compared to a long period of quarantine (every 2 – 3 days). Additionally, From 6 April, new testing requirements will be introduced for hauliers entering England from abroad, to help reduce the risk of new COVID-19 variants entering the UK. All hauliers staying in the country for longer than two days will be required to take a lateral flow test before the end of day two. Find out more
COVID-19 Email Bulletin
Our COVID-19 Bulletin provides a summary of the latest information and advice from the online COVID-19 Hub straight into your inbox.
Members can sign-up to receive the bulletin here:
How is COVID-19 impacting business?
The Government is closely monitoring developments in relation to potential economic impacts on the UK economy and individual businesses and supply chain and we are keen that our members feed back any specific concerns.
We welcome information on:
- The impacts across supply, demand and labour markets
- Actions being taken by firms to address these impacts
- Any gaps in the Government response from your perspective
Please send your business intelligence or any questions you may have to email@example.com. We understand that individual company information may be commercially sensitive, and it will be treated accordingly. For any questions we will attempt to get back to you as soon as possible.