Invest In Global Growth and Competitiveness
The next UK Government must work with industry to maximise global growth opportunities through a step change in UK productivity.
- Develop an ambitious Industrial Strategy that attracts global investment
The Government must build on successful sector strategies with long-term political and financial backing for an ambitious industrial strategy.
- Prioritise productivity by investing in supply chains
Given the UK’s long-term productivity challenge, the UK must support SMEs’ ability to invest in new technologies, develop world-class skills, and adopt the latest manufacturing processes.
- Invest in industrial innovation
Prioritising and focusing funding on industrial innovation, as well as scientific research, would ensure the UK benefits from the jobs, exports and growth that flow from our innovative ideas.
- Enhance national security by investing in UK capability
The next Government should ensure its value for money analysis recognises and reflects the benefits of equipping a UK supply chain with the capabilities, technologies and engineering services necessary for our long-term national security.
- Deliver a Brexit deal that sustains our global competitiveness
Our sectors’ ability to compete globally depends on a stable transition to a new deal with the EU that delivers frictionless trade and access to regulators, R&D programmes and skills.