The ongoing global pandemic is impacting heavily on our sectors.
In 2019 the aerospace, defence, security and space sectors contributed a combined annual turnover of £79bn worth £32bn to the UK economy and provided 374k UK jobs, including 13k apprenticeships. ADS members are at the heart of the growth opportunities in the UK and direct support is urgently needed to realise their potential.
Government must implement a plan to secure economic growth and prosperity. We have identified five priorities we believe are crucial in the recovery of our sectors and we will continue to work with Government to address them.
Five priorities for economic recovery
- Provide strategic funding for SMEs in supply chains across ADS sectors through a dedicated long-term supply chain investment fund.
- Ensure direct support to protect jobs, retain skills and fund apprenticeships.
- Deliver on the UK’s Jet Zero ambitions, by doubling funding for the Aerospace Technology Institute and investing in sustainable aviation fuels.
- Drive UK prosperity through defence and security by maximising the power of procurement and providing targeted resource and investment.
- Back investment in innovation to make the UK a global space leader.