The UK’s defence sector is looking to grow participation in the important Indian defence market, as ADS steps up its engagement with India.
Following a review of how best to make a long-term commitment to the Indian market and support UK companies looking to develop their business in India, ADS is:
- Increasing engagement with the India High Commission in London to raise UK company awareness of opportunities in the Indian defence and security market.
- Seeking to work more closely with the UK India Business Council – who provide support to UK companies establishing themselves in India – and with the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI), the Society of Indian Defence Manufactures‘ (SIDM), and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- Providing support to the UK Defence Growth Partnership as it helps UK companies build partnerships in priority global markets including India.
At next week’s DefExpo 2018 in Chennai, ADS is hosting a contingent of ten UK companies and organisations in the UK Pavilion, including both SMEs and major international defence firms.
The UK presence at DefExpo, a four-day defence and security exhibition that begins on 11 April, supports the ADS mission to help UK businesses participate in the important Indian defence market and provide the specific capabilities, equipment and services that Indian forces require.
ADS Chief Executive Paul Everitt said:
“India is a priority market for ADS and for our members, and we have a long-term commitment to India.
“The UK’s defence and security companies are well placed to meet the needs of customers in India for the highest quality equipment and services, and are keen to identify Indian partners.
“We have stepped up our engagement with the Indian High Commission in London to raise UK company awareness of opportunities in the Indian defence and security market, and we are also working closely with the UK India Business Council.
“Our presence at DefExpo 2018 will help both ADS and companies participating in the UK Pavilion further develop our relationships with key Indian trade organisations and business partners.
“We are also looking forward to Indian engagement at the Farnborough International Airshow 2018 in July and future opportunities to build relationships between our members and our partners in India.”
UK Pavilion exhibitors at DefExpo 2018 include two of the biggest companies in the UK defence sector – BAE Systems and Cobham – as well as:
- Molecular Products Ltd and Avon Protection Systems – both manufacturers of respiratory protective equipment.
- JFD Ltd - a world leader in the design, manufacture and operation of diving and underwater systems.
- MacTaggart Scott & Company Ltd – a Scottish engineering company, specialising in naval mechanical handling equipment and supporting customers worldwide.
- Aero Metals Alliance UK Ltd – provides materials and supply chain management services to the world’s leading aerospace companies.
- Pearson Engineering Ltd – a world-leading provider of Counter-Mine, Counter-IED, Route Proving, Combat Earth Moving and Assault Bridge Launching equipment for Armoured Fighting Vehicles.
- Strongfield Technologies Ltd – a specialist supplier of High-tech components and equipment for Defence and Space applications, and provides Engineering, Design and Consultancy support for Defence and Aerospace programmes.