WHAT IS THE ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY WORKING GROUP?
The ADS Environmental Sustainability Working Group, originally a special interest group of the Sustainable Aerospace Board, is now an autonomous group providing the checks and balances which ensure that the outcomes of the three environmental sub-groups (Carbon Management, Design for Environment and HazMat), reflect the broader interests of ADS members as a whole. It has also recently taken on some of the responsibilities of the, now defunct, Sustainable Aerospace Board.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE GROUP?
The ADS Environmental Sustainability Working Group’s principle objective is to help ADS members understand how environmental issues may impact their businesses. It also provides a forum to;
- Coordinate, communicate and promote authoritative information;
- Share and promote best practice;
- To engage with stakeholders on environmental issues and regulation affecting the aerospace, defence, security and space sectors;
- Provide a coordinated ADS response to UK and European environmental legislation, and consultations on environmental legislation, when they are likely to impact on one or more of the industry sectors of ADS members;
- Support ADS liaison with Government departments, regulators and representatives of other industry sectors including ASD, as required, to lobby on behalf of the aerospace, defence, security and space sectors;
- Advise and report to the four ADS Sector Boards on pertinent environmental issues;
- Liaise on other ADS initiatives as appropriate
HOW DO I JOIN?
Note that at the Environmental 'Super-Meet' held on 27th January 2018, it was decided to combine the Design for Environment (DfE) WG with the Environmental WG into a new group called the "Environmental Sustainability" WG, as there were large overlaps in both group's activities. The first meeting of this new group took place in London on 19th April 2018, where the groups Terms of Reference and workplan were discussed. When these are confirmed, this Environmental WG page will be updated with the details for the new group, and become the "Environmental Sustainability WG" page.
Membership of this new group is open to all ADS members - to join, please contact Kevin.Morris@adsgroup.org.uk or tel.: 020 7091 4530, who will validate your application and add you to the Membership.
ADS Environmental Policy - ADS Environmental Policy v2013.pdf (111 KB)
Key RolesGroup Facilitator
Go to Members Area