WHAT IS THE ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY WORKING GROUP?
The ADS Environmental Sustainability Working Group, originally a special interest group of the Sustainable Aerospace Board, is now an autonomous group. It provides the checks and balances which ensure that the outcomes of the other environmentally focussed groups (Carbon Management and HazMat), reflect the broader interests of ADS members as a whole. At the Environmental "Super-Meet" held in January 2018, it was decided to combine the Design for Environment (DfE) WG with the Environmental WG, into a new group called the "Environmental Sustainability" WG, as there were large overlaps in both group's activities.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE GROUP?
The ADS Environmental Sustainability Working Group’s principle objective is to help ADS members understand how environmental issues may impact their businesses and uses the UN Sustainable Development Goals as the basis for its work remit.
It provides a forum to;
· Coordinate, communicate and promote authoritative information;
· Be the industry reference platform regarding product sustainability, maintaining a value chain perspective and considering the whole life-cycle;
· Share and promote best practice;
· To engage with stakeholders on environmental issues and regulation affecting the aerospace, defence, security and space sectors;
· Provide a coordinated ADS response to UK and European environmental legislation, and consultations on environmental legislation, when they are likely to impact on one or more of the industry sectors of ADS members;
· Support ADS liaison with Government departments, regulators and representatives of other industry sectors including ASD, as required, to lobby on behalf of the aerospace, defence, security and space sectors;
· Advise and report to the four ADS Sector Boards on pertinent environmental issues;
· Liaise on other ADS initiatives as appropriate.
SME and supply chain involvement are critical to the workings of the group, and a a dedicated email account - Environment@ADSgroup.org.uk has been set up for ADS SME members to submit questions about environmental sustainability and the way it impacts their businesses.
HOW DO I JOIN?
Membership of this new group is open to all ADS members - to join, please contact Kevin.Morris@adsgroup.org.uk or tel.: 020 7091 4530, who will validate your application and add you to the Membership.
Key RolesGroup Facilitator
Go to Members Area