Northern Ireland (UK) Based Specialist Manufacturer of Advanced Composites
CCP Gransden has been in business since 1894 (over 125 years), evolving from a shipbuilding and repair company into a developer and manufacturer of advanced composites across high-value manufacturing sectors such as aerospace, transportation, security, and defence.
CCP Gransden has a sophisticated aerospace-grade manufacturing facility that can deliver one of the UK’s widest selections of advanced composite manufacturing processes in-house;
• Advanced High Volume Manufacturing Cell
· Fully automated cell with press for high volume production
· Rapid tool changing and full automation
· Enhanced traceability and data capture
• Continuous Fibre Thermoplastic Composites
· High performance polymers including PEEK, PPS, PEI & Polyamides
· Fast cycle time and suitable for high volume; c100,000 parts per year
• Single Stage Overmoulding of Thermoplastic Composites
· Combining injection moulding and continuous fibre thermoplastic laminates in a single process
· Part reduction, incorporation of ribs and net formed components
• In Press Snap Cure Thermoset Composites
· Processes include; SMC, HPRTM, Snap cure pre-pregs
• 7 Axis Filament Winding
· Suitable for tubes, pressure vessels and complex shapes
• Supporting In-House Capability
· Zund Fabric cutter, Belotti 5 axis CNC, Flow Waterjet cutter
· Paint line, Assembly, and Romer Arm Inspection
· Engineering and Project management using latest 3D Experience Platform (CATIAV6) and process simulation
· Multiple accreditations, including ADS SC21 and AS9100
· Reliable and committed operations team with a demonstrated history of high-quality workmanship.
CCP Gransden recognises that each of our clients is unique and that their individual needs and challenges require a flexible and dynamic approach. To meet and exceed the varied and challenging requirements of our multi-sector clients, we invest in the latest advanced technologies. Substantial in-house capability is combined with experienced operators and a skilled engineering team, ensuring we can reliably support exclusive projects right through from concept to commercialisation. This expertise in the growing field of advanced composites combined with a proven track record has gained CCP Gransden a respected market position.
CCP Gransden is actively engaged with a range of high-value manufacturing research centres and plays a leading role in a range of exclusive research and development projects within these centres. The company has a long and successful history of participating in UK Government and EU funded projects and is a proactive member of ADS (the UK aerospace, defence, security, and space trade organisation), as well as Composites UK.
Following a collaboration with Thales, CCP Gransden is currently manufacturing sophisticated next-generation Thales Starstreak canisters and optical casings. Among other projects, CCP Gransden is a core member of the Project Tucana consortium, which has recently received over £35m from the Advanced Propulsion Centre (UK Government venture) to develop lightweight automotive body structures, which will be employed in future Jaguar Land Rover electric vehicles.
Our vision is to be globally renowned as a partner for the design and manufacture of innovative advanced composites.
+44 (0)28 9752 8501
028 9752 8501
Director of Sales
028 9752 8501