Six finalists have been confirmed for the ADS Security Innovation Award 2021 with the winner set to be announced at this year’s Security & Policing event.
The finalists were selected by a judging panel comprising government officials and senior industry representatives from a “very strong” field of entries, said Dr Brian Hampson, Head of Capability Engagement – National Security at ADS.
The ADS Security Innovation Award recognises the innovative capabilities and services developed by UK security companies, and is specifically designed to identify those capabilities that have caused a step change in the effectiveness of the UK’s ability to prevent, respond to, reduce the impact of or investigate risks and incidents.
He said the panel had its work cut out selecting its finalists from among “one of the highest” number of submissions in recent years in terms of both quantity and quality.
The finalists include:
- AR Live Systems of Bangor, NI, for Galahad facial detection and recognition software;
- Chorus Intelligence of Woodbridge, Suffolk, for Chorus Search, software that accesses online data for police investigations;
- FlareBright of London for Snapshot, a ruggedized nano-UAV;
- Issured of Milton Keynes for Mea: Connexus a secure blockchain-enabled video interview and engagement solution;
- SeeQuestor for its Big Database lLookup facility that reinforces the SeeQuestor video analytics platform by broadening its search capability to large databases.
The winner will be announced at an exclusive online evening event at Security & Policing on Tuesday 9 March.
Last year’s event saw Intelligent Voice receive the 15th annual ADS Security Innovation Award.