The UK’s Aerospace, Defence, Security and Space industries make a significant and valuable contribution to economic prosperity and national security.
The ADS 2016 Industry Facts and Figures guide shows the extent to which companies in our sectors serve as the industrial backbone of the UK – delivering the well-paid jobs and high-tech exports we need to secure a prosperous future.
In 2015, the UK Aerospace, Defence, Security and Space sectors’ contribution to the UK was:
As the national trade association for the UK’s Aerospace, Defence, Security and Space sectors, ADS works to promote and support their interests both at home and abroad. Spanning the length and breadth of the UK, ADS’ 950 member companies include over 900 SMEs.
Working in partnership with the government, our members are investing in innovation, skills and supply chains throughout the UK in order to generate country-wide growth, boost productivity and strengthen our competitive advantage in fast-growing global markets.
- Continue to support successful Industrial Strategies to further enhance their impact and attract global investment to the UK
- Help to improve productivity throughout the supply chain by encouraging investment in skills, technology and innovation
- Build on investment in industrial R&D in order to ensure the UK is the best place in the world to innovate
- Boost exports with active government support to maximise opportunities, remove barriers and identify new growth markets
- Work together to implement the SDSR, including its focus on innovation, exports, SMEs and refreshing defence industrial policy