The UK’s Aerospace, Defence, Security and Space industries make a significant and valuable contribution to economic prosperity and national security.
The annual ADS Industry Facts and Figures guide shows the extent to which companies in our sectors serve as the industrial backbone of the UK – delivering the well-paid jobs and high-tech exports we need to secure a prosperous future.
In 2019, the UK aerospace, defence, security and space sectors’ contribution to the UK was:
As the national trade association for the UK’s aerospace, defence, security and space sectors, ADS works to promote and support their interests both at home and abroad. Spanning the length and breadth of the UK, ADS has more than 1,100+ member companies which includes over 1,000 SMEs that span the length and breadth of the UK.
Working in partnership with the government, our members are investing in innovation, skills and supply chains throughout the UK in order to generate country-wide growth, boost productivity and strengthen our competitive advantage in fast-growing global markets.
All 2019 data is based on ADS estimates that were completed before the COVID-19 crisis.
- To achieve net zero carbon emissions by 2050 our industries are committed to an ambitious sustainability agenda and investment in long-term innovation
- By boosting the diversity of our industries, we are unlocking access to career pathways and opportunities, attracting the best UK talent
- The UK Government must deliver a close future relationship with the EU and secure international trade deals that support our ability to compete in export markets
- Government and industry are building on the successful industrial strategy partnership that attracts investment and supports growth
- Strong support for restart and recovery in our industries is essential to minimise the impact of the COVID-19 crisis on jobs, investment and industrial capability
Sources: ONS,BEIS, ADS Industrial Trends Survey 2020
Sources: ONS, DIT, Oxford Economics, ADS Industrial Trends Survey 2020
Sources: ONS, Oxford Economics, UK Government, Grand View Research, Inc. and ADS Industrial Trends Survey 2020