World-class advanced engineering, leader in quality & performance, trusted supply chain
Northern Ireland is home to a powerhouse of advanced engineering companies. This cluster of 100 ADS Member companies is responsible for delivering almost £2bn in annual sales, of which around 90% are sold outside Northern Ireland.
The key attributes of the cluster are:
- Quality and Performance – an inbuilt business excellence character and a commitment to deliver quality products on time, in full and at the right cost are at the heart of this world leading cluster. This is evidenced by its success in the National SC21 Business Excellence Awards where Northern Ireland currently holds 50% of all the UK-wide awards. It is a trusted supply chain.
- Agility – the ability to respond quickly to changing customer needs has been tested successfully in recent years. In a changing world with long global supply chains, this ability to deliver in short lead-times customer needs, exactly when they need it, is more important than ever.
- Innovation – Northern Ireland has long been known as a region rich in ingenuity and innovation. This is well served with a supply of new creative talent from the local universities and colleges. There are innovation collaboration centres of excellence like the Northern Ireland Advanced Composites Engineering Centre, The Northern Ireland Technology Centre, The Institute of Electronics, Communications and Information Technology and the award winning UK Innovation and Knowledge Centre for cyber security, The Centre for Secure Information Technologies.
- Integrated Supply Chain – it is a joined-up supply chain with large global primes and family owned SMEs working together to provide a wide range of world-class technology products and services. The high calibre of capabilities spans the entire supply chain with R&D, Advanced Materials, Components, Tooling, Manufacturing, Support Services through to Logistics and Distribution.
- Collaboration – the cluster is highly collaborative and enjoys extensive support from Government, including locally through Invest NI. There is a long-term joint industry strategy called Northern Ireland Partnering for Growth driving and supporting the future growth of the industry
Video Case studies
Learn more about Northern Ireland’s SC21 Gold award companies:
If you want find out how you and your company can benefit from this high-performing, competitive supply chain please contact Leslie.email@example.com or Robert.Hutchinson@adsgroup.org.uk at ADS Northern Ireland