Ahead of the 2021 Budget scheduled for March 3, ADS wrote to the Chancellor to set out the priorities and measures that are needed to sustain and support our members across the UK’s aerospace, defence, security and space industries.
We are calling on the Government to implement the following measures and priorities to support our sectors’ restart and recovery:
- Enhance support for aerospace and our sectors’ supply chains through the COVID-19 crisis by providing additional business support and strategic funding for SME growth.
- Recognise the strategic role of ADS sectors and our members’ value to the economy through a refreshed industrial strategy.
- Deliver on the UK’s Jet Zero ambitions, by doubling funding for the Aerospace Technology Institute and investing in sustainable aviation fuels plants in the UK.
- Drive prosperity through defence and security by maximising the power of procurement and delivering targeted resource and investment, partly to strengthen strategic industrial engagement.
- Back an ambitious strategy to make the UK a global space leader.