In February ADS wrote to the Treasury outlining our sectors’ priorities ahead of Budget 2020.
At Budget 2020, ADS calls on the Government to:
- Support the UK’s Aerospace, Defence, Security and Space industries, which have extensive reach across the nations and regions of the UK, with measures that promote industrial growth.
- Extend funding for the Aerospace Technology Institute (ATI) out to 2036, providing an uplift of £30m per year for core technologies and an additional £150m per year to enable the UK to be a world-leader in hybrid and electric flight, supporting UK aviation’s commitment to net zero.
- Improve the competitiveness of UK supply chains with an additional £15m of funding through the SC21 Competitiveness & Growth programme to increase the productivity of SMEs.
- Prioritise the delivery of a Defence and Security Industrial Strategy to maximise prosperity and enhance national security.
- Boost R&D funding through a £150m per year space innovation fund to make the UK a global space leader and build on the UK’s strategic capabilities.
Invest in innovation to deliver the UK’s net zero ambitions
- Provide an uplift of £30m to the current budget for the ATI to deliver core technologies and an additional £150m per year out to 2036 to accelerate progress in electric and hybrid flight.
- Commit to a government-industry co-investment of £100m per year from 2020 to 2025 to fund a sustainable aviation fuel UK infrastructure pilot.
- Maintain Annual Investment Allowances and ensure R&D tax credits keep pace with the changing nature of R&D and international competition.
- Deliver Government investment of £150 million between 2020 and 2025 to keep the UK at the cutting-edge of High Value Design through the Brunel Challenge.