WHAT IS THE BUSINESS ETHICS NETWORK? (BEN)
The Business Ethics Network provides ethics-related advice and assistance to UK companies in the Aerospace, Defence and Security sectors. This encompasses not just standard bribery and corruption information, but also much wider issues which impact on business ethics and corporate social responsibility, such as human rights, anti-slavery, conflict minerals, data protection, tax evasion, diversity and inclusion, etc
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE GROUP?
The Network promotes the the adoption of the highest possible business ethical standards in the international market, assisting and encouraging other participants to:
- Make a public statement of adherence to an internationally recognised code of conduct incorporating anti-corruption and wider business ethics measures
- Promote appropriate policy statements, codes of conduct, training and guidance to employees
- Share relevant information, experiences and materials for the benefit of all
- Take part in meetings to share up-to-date information and expertise
The Network has produced a constantly revised and updated “Business Ethics Toolkit” to offer practical and pragmatic guidance to organisations on their obligations, as responsible businesses, in respect of their legal and ethical responsibilities in a number of areas and how to introduce and implement effective procedures dealing with policies on a wide range of areas related to business ethics, including:
- Part 1 Case for business ethics
- Part 2 Bribery compliance and the law
- Part 3 Human rights, including modern slavery
- Part 4 Conflict minerals
- Part 5 Data protection and privacy
- Part 6 Export controls
- Part 7 Tax evasion
- Part 8 Competition law
- Part 9 Conclusion
- Part 10 References
These have been drafted to offer helpful guidance on these issues, especially focused on providing practical assistance for SMEs.
HOW DO I JOIN?
Complete and return a Membership application form which can be requested by emailing: Brinley.Salzmann@adsgroup.org.uk or calling: 0207 091 7822
Key RolesGroup Facilitator
Go to Members Area