WHAT IS THE AEROSPACE AND DEFENCE FEDERATION?
The Federation is a the grouping of ADS and the regional aerospace alliances (RAA's) ADS Scotland, ADS Northern Ireland, Aerospace Wales, FAC, MAA, NWAA and WEAF.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE GROUP?
The role of the Federation is to promote and strengthen the UK Aerospace and Defence Industries and develop and grow its supply chain through collective action by the participating organisations to actively seek opportunities that can be implemented more effectively and add value to industry. Such collective action should result in seamless representation of the UK aerospace and defence industry in its entirety to all levels of Government, a reduction in duplication of resources and create a recognised single voice for the industry. The Key objectives of the group include:
- Create strong ties between all the Regional Aerospace Alliances and ADS
- Instigate and monitor collaboration between Regions and ADS to ensure best use of the combined resources whilst still achieving the aims of all organisations
- Provide a communication forum between Regions for best practice/ sharing of ideas
- Update Regions on ADS strategy
- Ensure that the regional voice is taken into account in ADS decision making and strategy
- Identify methods of assisting companies in regions without Alliances
- Ensure communication links with LEP's and Devolved Administrations on national issues
- Collective working on delivery of national programmes such as NATEP
- Ensure joined up approach to international activities and at major airshows
HOW DO I JOIN?
This particular group is categorised as a ‘Board or Committee’ ADS Boards and Committees generally operate at the more strategic level and have more specific criteria for joining and limited vacancies for Members to apply for. If you are interested and request to join a Board or Committee it will require further follow up from the group owner to confirm vacancies and suitability.
Key RolesGroup Facilitator
Go to Members Area