Design and Analysis Limited have provided specialist structural analysis services to the defence industry since 2003. We manage work packages ranging from complete vehicles to small sensor brackets, performing proof, ultimate, crash and fatigue assessments using both FEA and manual methods.
In the recent years we have developed the capability to simulate landmine blasts to STANAG 4569 Level 2. We can also simulate ballistic impacts into a variety of materials including armour.
Typical work undertaken includes:
• Vehicle suspension development including kinematic assessments
• Underbelly blast protection development.
• Vehicle roll over assessments.
• Interior equipment development, such as ammunition racks.
• Driver and passenger seat development including injury assessment to AEP-55 table E2 using fully validated FEA versions of the Humanetics crash test dummies (Hybrid III MIL-LX).
• Special to role equipment, such as excavator arms, front loader buckets, root marker systems and load platforms.
• General vehicle body structures.
• Assessment of military recovery, lifting and tiedown features.
• Kinematic assessments for the development mechanisms.