Who we are
Babcock is a leading provider of critical, complex engineering services which support national defence, save lives and protect communities.
We focus on three highly regulated markets – defence, emergency services and civil nuclear – delivering vital services and managing complex assets in the UK and internationally. We are a trusted partner who understands the key roles that our technology, our expertise, our infrastructure and our assets play in ensuring our customers can deliver. We share risk with them in delivering innovation, and we share the benefits.
What we do
We deliver our services through our four sectors: Marine, Nuclear, Land and Aviation
- We ensure the UK Royal Navy goes to sea safely by supporting their ships and crew around the world
- We support navies around the world through the delivery of complex ship and submarine sustainment programmes
- We deliver marine technology solutions to improve our customers, complex, safety-critical operation
- In defence, we sustain the entirety of the UK’s submarine fleet, including delivering through-life support and life extension of Vanguard, Trafalgar and Astute Classes. We also manage and operate two of the three UK Naval Bases (HMNB Clyde and HMNB Devonport).
- We ensure the British Army can focus on their missions safely by supporting all of their vehicles
- We enable the British Army to do their job with our technical training programmes
- Our people support the British Army by contributing to front line support and joining reserve forces
- We save lives with our aerial emergency medical and search and rescue services
- We protect communities with our firefighting operations
- We support the defence of nations by supporting air forces in the UK and overseas
Becoming a supplier
Babcock buys a wide range of goods and services and need high-performing suppliers across all aspects of our supply chain to ensure that the customer’s money is spent efficiently and responsibly. We need suppliers who possess the appetite to drive continuous improvement through innovation and who share our focus on product quality and customer service. If this is your business, then we welcome your contact through the Supplier Registration Form on our website.
Career Opportunities at Babcock
Working for Babcock will give you the opportunity to develop your career, with fantastic prospects for promotion, along with the ability to learn transferrable skills and earn nationally recognised qualifications. Visit our Careers site for more information and to search for available roles