The origins of ABP go back to 1966 when we were primarily a contractor to the UK Ministry of Defence. Since then, ABP has grown considerably and established a strong international reputation as innovators in product design, manufacturing and engineering. Initially, we were known as AB Precision (Poole) Ltd – which is still our registered trading name – but we prefer it if you call us ABP.
Today, our teams work around the world to deliver expertise in special purpose Automation, postal mechanisation, explosive ordnance disposal, specialist military products, product design, value engineering and general handling systems.
What makes us special?
- Our combined in-house expertise in Automation, Explosive Ordnance Disposal, Handling, Special Products and Spares Supply and Defence Equipment Support provides an unrivalled one-stop engineering solution our customers can depend on
- Our project management experience enables us to deliver consistently exceptional results for customers of every size
- We have developed a class leading product range; our expertise in Explosive Ordnance Disposal and military equipment sets the standard by which others are judged
- The unique structure in place at ABP with its opportunities for team cross-collaboration enables us to guarantee our customers that we will deliver – on time, every time
- Quality is at the heart of every customer solution we undertake. We design and manufacture a range of products to ISO 9001
- The ABP blend of experience, expertise and resources enables us to tailor solutions to the precise needs of our customers
- We run extensive customer support programmes, collaborating with your team to ensure technologies work for you as quickly as possible