Control panels in East
Members with this Capability
An electronic component distributor supporting UK and International customers alike, through our locations in the UK, USA, Mexico, China, Israel, India and Australia.
Astute provides the best in component supply, anti-counterfeit mitigation, logistical solutions and new-design support, primarily for the high reliability market sector.
We are proud to deliver what British companies are best known for, Quality and Service.
Our activities are shaped by our customers, whether that is shielding you from the threat of counterfeit components, working with your design teams to introduce the latest in cutting edge technology or through life support programs for legacy products, Astute have been collaborating with Defence primes to become the partner of choice.
An AS9120, ISO9001 and SC21 approved supplier.
Design – Fulfilment - Support
Capabilities: Connectors; Fasteners; Mechanical components; Wiring,cables; Engineering; Manufacture; Mechanical assembly; Aftermarket support (MRO); Distribution; Project management; Design; Electrical components; BS EN ISO 9001:2000; Logistics; Outsourcing; Electro mechanical,electronic manufacture; Electronic technology; Bearings; Seals,mounts,rings; Springs; Lubricants & solvents; AS,EN9120; Supply chain management; Adhesives; Auxiliary power supplies and equipments; Actuators; Generators; Motors; Sensors; Fans and blowers; Labelling systems and services; Batteries; Computer components; Filters; ISO 9002; Wires and wiring; AS 9200; Connectors electrical; Plastics and plastic coated components; Electromagnetic compatibility; Engineering and mechanical; Hardware design; Quality,reliability; Capacitors; Control panels; Fuses; Switches and switchgear; Stock control; Electrical test equipment; Electronic test equipment; Availability services; Facilities management; Audio communication; Alternators; Accessories; Inverters; Lamps; Pumps; Tubes; Compressors; Electrical components; Microwave components; Electric power supply equipment; Converters; Electronic engineering equipment; Tools; Calibration devices; Printed circuits; RF components and sub systems; Circuit boards; Electromagnetic shielding ,protection equipment; Fault diagnosis equipment; Materials testing; Optical test equipment; Displays; Monitoring; EMC,Tempest products; Webbing; Vibration mountings; Defence management, acquisition, marketing training courses; CBRN consultancy; Spares agency,parts supply; Leadership training courses; Amplifiers; Microprocessors; Plugs and sockets; Solenoids; Decoys; Gyroscopes; Ship stabilization equipment; Digital receivers; Integrated circuits; Resistors; Tape; High voltage equipment; Action data; Transponders; Couplings; Propellants; Power conversion machinery; Distance measuring equipment; Dessicants; Lifts; Valves; Winches; Ladders,staging equipment; Barcode systems,equipment; Sound suppression equipment; Procurement consultancy; Life cycle costing; Managed services; Obsolescence management; Warning lights; EMC,Tempest design; Tagging systems asset,vehicle; Business process automation; Battery charging systems,equipment; Specialist covert lighting; Ruggedised products; Digital signal processing; Light bars; Installation design, intergration,certification; Uninterruptable power supplies; Modems; Monitors; Ultra-violet detection lighting; Searchlights
A specialist Electronic Manufacturing Service provider. design, manufacture, test of high technology, high mix, low to medium volume, complex, defence and aerospace electronic products where product quality and reliability is most important. Adopting lean manufacturing concepts including autonomous cellular manufacturing cells equipped with the latest surface mount equipment , through hole and box build technology with shared resources in design, microelectronics and conformal coat. Design activities include concept to prototype development and Design for Manufacturing services. The micro-assembly facility is a class 10,000 cleanroom for bare die attach, wire bonding and skilled integration processes for RF and microwave frequency products. Obsolescence Management service and a well defined strategy preventing counterfeit devices being accepted. Quality system aligned to specific needs of aerospace, defence and high reliability industries. Accredited to BS EN (AS)9100 including ISO9001:2001 and workmanship standards to IPC A 610 Class 3 and J.STD-001 Class 3. SC21 Silver Award winner.
SFounded in 2000, Simutec Systems are a technical services company offering a range of specialist products and services to the Defence, Aerospace and Energy sectors that include:
- Modelling and simulation solutions for experimentation, training, mission rehearsal and operational support;
- Distributed and networked simulation solutions (DIS and HLA) for the air, land and maritime domains;
- Hardware and software intercom, radio and data communications systems (including synthetic environment solutions);
- Systems integration including linking real equipment (sensors, communications and EW equipment) into virtual and constructive simulation environments;
- Synthetic environment data capture, analysis, integration and diagnostic tools;
- Consultancy and advice on synthetic environment design, architecture, application development, legacy system integration and upgrades;
- Synthetic environment education and training;
- Computer-based training system and content development (including web-deployable training packages such as the 'HQ Visualiser' deployed on the UK MoD's DII intranet);
- Development of cabin crew training systems components including instructor-operator stations, host master controller (with extensible lighting, door control, generic digital and analogue input/output modules) and communications sub-system;
- Extensive 3D model library (> 300 models) of current military and civilian platforms (vehicles, aircraft, ships), objects, buildings, animals and human figures for use in training and simulation applications;
- 3D modelling, motion capture and animation;
- 3D printing and rapid prototyping;
- Geotechnical engineering visualisation tools for analysis, borehole/field planning and client engagement.
Drawing on their comprehensive inventory of networked synthetic environment applications and tools, Simutec are active participants in MoD funded research, experimentation and training programmes (such as NITEworks) and are active members of the SE Tower