Leather and leather products in Bedfordshire
Members with this Capability
Cranfield University is an exclusively postgraduate university that is a global leader for education and transformational research in technology and management. We bring together aeronautical engineering, materials and manufacturing knowledge with expertise in the security and defence fields. As the academic provider to the UK’s MOD, and with close commercial partnerships with leading organisations such as Airbus, BAE Systems, Boeing and Rolls-Royce, Cranfield has been at the forefront of aerospace and defence technology for over 60 years. We offer a unique gateway for teaching and research, underpinned by advanced facilities, some of which are unique. From the development of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and infrared camouflage materials, through to humanitarian de-mining activities, and insights right across the business of flying, Cranfield is providing specialist knowledge to military personnel, emergency services, governments and NGOs in the UK and around the world.
Elma Electronic UK is the solution provider of choice for all British companies working in the high-end electronics systems solutions industry. The company offers everything from Rotary Switches, Enclosures & Components through to all levels of System Solutions predominantly for the Aerospace and Defence sector. Design and manufacturing of rugged chassis and sub-systems for use in Land, Naval and Aerospace applications is the companies core competence. With nearly 20 years of experience of designing products to meet the harshest environments including design verification, qualification and through-life support - Elma is the partner of choice for Electronics Packaging.
SFounded in 2000, Simutec Systems are a technical services company offering a range of specialist products and services to the Defence, Aerospace and Energy sectors that include:
- Modelling and simulation solutions for experimentation, training, mission rehearsal and operational support;
- Distributed and networked simulation solutions (DIS and HLA) for the air, land and maritime domains;
- Hardware and software intercom, radio and data communications systems (including synthetic environment solutions);
- Systems integration including linking real equipment (sensors, communications and EW equipment) into virtual and constructive simulation environments;
- Synthetic environment data capture, analysis, integration and diagnostic tools;
- Consultancy and advice on synthetic environment design, architecture, application development, legacy system integration and upgrades;
- Synthetic environment education and training;
- Computer-based training system and content development (including web-deployable training packages such as the 'HQ Visualiser' deployed on the UK MoD's DII intranet);
- Development of cabin crew training systems components including instructor-operator stations, host master controller (with extensible lighting, door control, generic digital and analogue input/output modules) and communications sub-system;
- Extensive 3D model library (> 300 models) of current military and civilian platforms (vehicles, aircraft, ships), objects, buildings, animals and human figures for use in training and simulation applications;
- 3D modelling, motion capture and animation;
- 3D printing and rapid prototyping;
- Geotechnical engineering visualisation tools for analysis, borehole/field planning and client engagement.
Drawing on their comprehensive inventory of networked synthetic environment applications and tools, Simutec are active participants in MoD funded research, experimentation and training programmes (such as NITEworks) and are active members of the SE Tower