Today we launch the ADS Facts and Figures document for 2021. The annual ADS Industry Facts and Figures guide shows the contribution of ADS sectors over the past year and is an opportunity to showcase the well-paid jobs, high-tech exports and vital investment in every region and nation of the country.
This years release includes the usual highlights of:
- Combined turnover, which was maintained at an estimated £79bn in 2020
- Combined number of directly supported jobs totaling 385,000, of which 14,000 are estimated to be apprentices
- A combined export value of £45bn in 2020
- Contribution to the UK economy through Gross Value Add of an estimated £33bn in 2020
The release also includes the priorities for Government and Industry working together in 2021 to help support recovery from COVID-19 pandemic and support the agenda of Global Britain.
- A strong recovery in our industries will support the UK to build back better from the impact of Covid-19 on jobs, investment and industrial capability
- To meet the UK’s net zero ambitions by 2050 our industries are committed to developing and manufacturing advanced green technology
- Building on the relationship agreed between the UK and EU to deliver global trading arrangements that support high value exports and growth
- Boosting the diversity of our industries to secure opportunities for all, provide the highest quality pipeline of new talent and invest in apprenticeships
- Supporting Government to implement the Integrated Review, Defence & Security Industrial Strategy and the Defence Command Paper, creating new opportunities for SMEs
In addition to all of this, individual sector statistics and priorities are also included in the document ata compiled from a range of sources including official data from the Office for National Statistics, Oxford Economics, Department of Businesses, Energy and Industrial Strategy and a number of reports including from the UK Space Agency and Grand View Research, Inc.