Join us for this drinks reception and conference, which is being jointly organised with our counterpart in Finland, the Association of Finnish Defence and Aerospace Industries (AFDA). AFDA Membership incorporates approx. 100 Member companies, including world-famous commercial brands Patria and Environics. The aim is to provide a platform for stimulating joint ventures and collaborations between companies and countries. Attendance is essential for any companies supplying naval and aerospace equipment and services.
Harriett Baldwin, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State and Minister for Defence Procurement, has confirmed her attendance at the event.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Hear about the latest developments in the major programmes which are underway in Finland;
- Meet and network with officials from both the UK and Finnish governments;
- Network with Finnish potential collaborative partners who can assist in the Finnish market or to address opportunities in third countries, and/or identifying new sources of supply.
THE FINNISH MARKET
The Finnish market equates to approx €2.83bn, representing some 1.3% of GDP. Whilst the drive to achieve further efficiency-based cost savings will continue in 2017-2018, the Ministry of Defense (MoD) is bolstering the Finnish Armed Force’s (FAF) procurement budget in 2017. The Finnish Defense Minister, Jussi Niinistö, has stated: "The armed forces will have a larger procurement budget in 2017. More cutbacks are inevitable, also in the administrative side, as we reform the military organization and face a number of costly acquisition programs".
Major procurement programmes which present opportunities include:
- The HX Fighter Program replacing the current Air Force fleet of 61 x Boeing F/A-18C/D aircraft, which have been in service since 1995, by 2025, with new multi-role fighters.
- The “Squadron 2020” Program to procure 4 x 2,500t Offshore Patrol Vessels, probably to be built by Rauma Marine Constructions between 2019 and 2024 at a cost of c.€1.2bn.
Secure your booking today, as places are limited!