US Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARs) and the Defence FARs (DFARs) can appear overly complex and bureaucratic, however, it is essential that you understand your obligations and rights when tendering for or performing US Government contracts.
This one day interactive workshop will familiarise you with the structure and requirements of FAR and DFAR, dispel common myths and misunderstandings, and provide you with a strong foundation upon which to build and operate successfully in this complex market.
WHAT DOES THE WORKSHOP COVER?
The workshop will cover FAR and DFAR requirements and processes for contract management, accounting, estimating, pricing, systems and audit including:
- Difference between US Government and UK MoD and commercial contracts
- The structure of the FAR/DFAR and how to navigate with ease
- Different contract types and their implications
- Contracting for sale of commercial items
- Pricing, costing, estimating for negotiated contracts
- TINA (certified cost or pricing data); when appropriate and consequences
- Intellectual Property Management, and Foreign Ownership Control and Influence (FOCI)
- Allowable and unallowable costs
- System approvals and audits
- Contract change
- Labour and overhead rates, negotiating profit, the UK/USA MOU
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The workshop is for companies considering entering the US defence market or those who want to improve their understanding of US DoD contracting processes and requirements.
This updated and revised workshop will be led by Terry Hersey FCMA GCMA. Terry has more than 30 years' experience in senior finance positions within major UK defence companies and has significant expertise in both UK MoD and US DoD pricing and regulations.