Join our online Introduction to UK MoD Procurement Training Workshop which will provide you with understanding of the UK MoD procurement process and how your company can reach decisions about bidding and managing contracts with the UK MoD.
Defence contracts for the UK are regulated by law within the Defence & Security Public Contracts Regulations 2011 (DSPCR 2011). The law governs how contracts are competed and placed in the defence and security sector. However, the UK MoD have other internal processes which govern how business cases are approved and it is often this process which is largely mis-understood. Understanding all the rules and processes involved is therefore vital to ensure your business knows how to work with the UK MoD.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION:
- An outline of the UK MoD procurement process, from requirements setting through to contract award, detailing the processes and timescales involved
- Opportunity to become aware of the latest regulations, statutory guidance and possible changes to the regulations
- The workshop will provide a framework within which companies can reach decisions about business winning, bidding and managing contracts
WORKSHOP CONTENT INCLUDES:
- The Defence and Security Public Contracts Regulations 2011 Framework
- Review of when legislation applies
- The internal business case process and timescales
- Qualifying Defence Contracts overview
- Reports and reporting
- Compliance, procurement processes and procedures
- Current issues relating to the Act, Regulations and statutory guidance, and prospective changes
- The future of public procurement.
The course is led by Sharon Croome.
Sharon is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (FCIPS) and qualified in Commercial Management and Supplier Relationship Management with World Commerce & Contracting (WCC), and has 30 years' experience in senior commercial positions within major UK defence companies. Sharon now acts as Commercial & Procurement Advisor for several clients in the defence sector, including the UK MOD. She also provides procurement and contract management training and advice either directly to companies or to industry through ADS.