Join our half day online workshop which will provide all non-commercial and procurement staff with an understanding of what concerns your Commercial function on a day-to-day basis.
This Commercial for Non-Commercial staff Training Course aims to provide you with an understanding of how to work with your Commercial team to influence decisions, focus on the critical business issues that affect your role and understand from a Commercial viewpoint why certain decisions are made.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION:
- An outline of the role of Commercial in the defence industry
- Understand how internal and external influences impact on your business
- Know the key stakeholders in the business and how to influence and support them
- Understand why certain decisions are made in the business (why some get the green light and why others don’t)
- Be able to fully support more commercially focused decisions and arguments.
WORKSHOP CONTENT INCLUDES:
- Who are Commercial and what do they do?
- What is Commercial Awareness?
- Understanding your marketplace and what impacts your business
- Your customers and stakeholders
- How to help your team make better commercial decisions.
The course is led by Sharon Croome.
Sharon is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (FCIPS) and qualified in Commercial Management and Supplier Relationship Management with World Commerce & Contracting (WCC), and has 30 years' experience in senior commercial positions within major UK defence companies. Sharon now acts as Commercial & Procurement Advisor for several clients in the defence sector, including the UK MOD. She also provides procurement and contract management training and advice either directly to companies or to industry through ADS.
If you wish to attend the Introduction to MoD Procurement training on 4 July 2022 (full day), in addition to this course we can offer both training courses at a discounted cost. Please contact Laura Normandale for details and to book both courses.