ADS Scotland is proud to announce this major new event, looking at business opportunities in Research and Development (R&D), sponsored by University of Strathclyde.
The UK's aerospace, defence, security and space sectors realise the importance of investing in R&D today to secure our future place as a global leader in these sectors
- In 2017, the UK aerospace sector spent £1.5bn on R&D
- In 2016, the UK defence and security sectors spent on R&D was over £2bn
- the UK space sector spent over half a billion pounds on R&D in 2016/2017
This future is being secured by a strong partnership between industry and Government, with the Aerospace Technology Institute alone investing £3.9bn of joint funding in supporting the cutting-edge technological innovation that keeps the UK aerospace sector a global leader in its field.
ADS Scotland is delighted to bring together the Aerospace Technology Institute (ATI), the Defence and Security Accelerator (DASA), the UK Space Agency and the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) in this single event to give an overview of current and future calls and funding opportunities from their organisation and highlight any requirements to qualify for such funding.
Crucially, speakers will be available for pre-arranged private one-to-one meetings with attendees.
KEY SPEAKERS CONFIRMED:
- Alex Hickson, Head of Technology - Manufacturing and Structures, the Aerospace Technology Institute
- Laura Cuss, Head of Strategy - Market and Supply Chain, the Aerospace Technology Institute
- Dr Linda Galloway, Innovation Partner, the Defence and Security Accelerator
- Charles McCausland, Head of Major Projects and Technology Development, UK Space Agency
- Derek Craig, Regional Engagement Manager (Scotland), EPSRC
This event is a rare opportunity and companies are being encouraged to reserve a place now to avoid disappointment.
If you would like to have a one-to-one meeting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org indicating with which organisation(s). This will further require completion of a quad or technology sheet outlining the project and technology attendees would wish to discuss.