The annual 22nd International Virtual CBRN Symposium is now taking place in a virtual format resulting from the circumstances and restrictions arising from the ongoing global pandemic. This event, organised with our special interest group CBRN-UK, brings together practitioners, end users, policy makers, and suppliers from UK and overseas to discuss the latest developments in this sector.
We have launched a microsite detailing programme and speakers for this event.
ABOUT CBRN SYMPOSIUM
The last 12 months has shown the massive impact arising from a global pandemic. Many of the issues presented by such an event are incredibly analogous to those associated with CBRN-related events. Our Members have previously utilised these capabilities to provide protection, care and recovery during the Ebola crisis. In recent years we have witnessed the continued threat and the continued learning from recent events in Syria, Salisbury and Malaysia, and the use of CBRN-materials to effect targeted-poisonings. The pandemic has highlighted the transferable skills and capabilities necessary to combat the challenges in preparing for mitigating and recovering from events involving such extremely hazardous materials.
This year’s conference will address CBRN, counterthreat and resilience with a comprehensive speaker programme with representatives from across Government, industry, and academia.
The event format will, this year, be delivered virtually for 4 - 5 hours each day, over 3 consecutive days from 10 - 12 November, with short breaks over lunch. The delivery format will permit participant engagement / questioning to the speakers from each panel session.
FULL PROGRAMME ANNOUNCED:
Conference topics include:
- Shared situational awareness
- Military operations
- Countering IEDs
- Humanitarian operations
- Security incident first responder
- Healthcare preparedness.
- Emergency responders
- Industry and academia.
Themes for each day are:
- 10 November 2020 - Training and capacity building - confirmed speakers for this day include: Sustainable Criminal Justice Solutions, The Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Defense (JPEO-CBRND), National CBRN Centre, DE&S and MOD Joint Forces Command
- 11 November 2020 - Information management & business continuity - confirmed speakers for this day include: Risk Communication, The Society for Radiological Protection, Office for Security & Counter-Terrorism and Atomic Weapons Establishment
- 12 November 2020 - Recovery & operations - confirmed speakers for this day include: Department for Environment Food & Rural Affairs (DEFRA), Centre for Radiation, Chemical & Environmental Hazards, Environment Agency, Tactical Response Force and Veolia Nuclear.
For the draft agenda and for more information click here.
WHO SHOULD REGISTER AND WHY:
This unique event is open to everyone working in the CBRN and counter-threat sector including national and local Government, emergency responders, industry and academia, from UK and overseas. The event will provide the environment to engage and network across the spectrum of counter-threat capability and provide attendees with the outcomes that will support and develop their own activities.
1-day sponsorship package - £300 per day - THIS PACKAGE IS SOLD OUT
- Inclusion on holding slide between sessions on the chosen day
- Logos, weblink and profile on any communications sent out such as joining instructions
- At the beginning of each day sponsor to have 5/10 min platform to fit in with the theme of the day and also introduce the speaker
- Logo, weblink and profile on sponsor page on event microsite.
Company profile package - £100 per company:
- Logo, weblink and profile on company profile page on event microsite.
If you are interested in one of the above sponsorship packages please contact Adam Doyle.
BOOK YOUR ATTENDANCE:
We are offering either a one-day package or a three-day package. To book your attendance please click on the 'Buy Now' button. For CBRN-UK members who are not ADS members please contact Christine Gomm to book at the member rate.
Options and prices
|22nd International Virtual CBRN Symposium 2020 - one day - 10 November 2020||
|22nd International Virtual CBRN Symposium 2020 - one day - 11 November 2020||
|22nd International Virtual CBRN Symposium 2020 - one day - 12 November 2020||
|22nd International Virtual CBRN Symposium 2020 - three day ticket||