In working to support ADS members through the COVID-19 crisis, we have set out five priorities that are essential to achieving a strong restart and recovery for our sectors. We have been communicating these to the UK Government and devolved administrations on behalf of our members, to help make sure they receive the support our sectors need to move forward.
We have explained in more detail what we mean by each of these five priorities in our latest blog series, you will be able to find them by clicking on the bold, blue text for each priority. They are:
- A pragmatic and proportionate plan to resume flights as soon as the crisis allows, in coordination with the aerospace and aviation industry, Government and international partners.
- An evolution of business support measures to ensure that the UK can retain skills and continues to support employees across our sectors, including through flexibility within the Job Retention Scheme, to provide support where recovery will take longer than other sectors.
- Rapid expansion of Government support for low carbon aerospace technology to secure the investment needed to decarbonise aviation.
- Refocused support for SMEs, including unlocking finance for essential manufacturing supply chains to assist through the market transformation that will result from this crisis.
- Public procurement to be brought forward, particularly defence and space projects to help stimulate and sustain high-tech supply chains, innovation and UK strategic capabilities.
We are in regular contact with our members to understand your needs and to make sure the support provided reaches the businesses who require it. As the UK emerges from the strict measures we have experienced in the last three months, we will continue to keep you updated on progress on our priorities for restart and recovery.
To find the latest guidance and support for businesses on Coronavirus COVID-19, please visit our COVID-19 Hub.