The UK Cyber Security Forum represents small companies who are actively working in cyber security across the UK. It has nearly 200 members across the country and is formed of regional Clusters.
The aim of this partnership will be to address the real barriers cyber security SMEs face in business development and to help those SMEs be as innovative as possible and grow.
A PAC report commissioned by the government reported last year that the UK market for cyber security was worth almost £2.8 billion in 2013 and it is estimated that it will be worth over £3.4 billion in 2017. The report recognised that SMEs are vital for growth but need more support. The partnership between ADS and UK Cyber Security Forum will be a significant step towards that.
Speaking at the Malvern Festival of Innovation, ADS described the partnership as involving (but not limited to):
- ADS supporting clearances for members of the UK Cyber Security Forum, to allow companies to have the opportunity to bid for and access a wider range of opportunities.
- Allowing the UK Cyber Security Forum to use ADS’ office facilities around the country for meetings – providing infrastructure support to SMEs.
- Working together to organise focused Business-to-Business networking events in each Cluster. This will help companies share best practice and experience, encourage collaboration, and introduce SMEs to larger companies and supply chains.
- Giving members of the Cyber Security Forum access to opportunities through the new Security Innovation and Demonstration Centre (SIDC), which is being set up jointly by industry and the Home Office. SIDC will provide access to operational environments, data sets and end-users, as well as a better understanding of end-user requirements, to help improve the effectiveness of R&D and procurement.
- ADS and the Cyber Security Forum collaborating to contribute to the development of a ‘Cyber Security Zone’ at the Home Office’s secure, annual Security & Policing Exhibition. This will give SMEs higher profile with the UK government and foreign governments.