As a thriving trade organization with a commercial subsidiary, we have recently opened a new Exhibition and Conference facility. With the primary business continuing to grow, we are looking to redefine the way the legal department controls process and interacts across the business as a whole.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Head of In-House Legal to join our business based in Farnborough. Reporting to the Group HR Director, you will proactively liaise with the Executive Team, advising on and monitoring all matters that may have legal implications.
Your primary duties will include:
- Support Project Teams and Departmental Heads in drafting, reviewing and negotiating a broad range of contracts.
- Review all contractual arrangements originated by suppliers and provide advice on risks to the business of supplier Terms and Conditions.
- Ensure accurate records are maintained associated to the maintenance of commercial records, proposals, supplier contracts and sub-contracts.
- Prepare commercial proposals.
- Ensure processes and procedures adhere to ISO9001.
- Preparation of a monthly commercial report and project review reports.
- Responsible for all matters associated to Intellectual Property.
- Provide commercial and contractual support to FIL which has three core business areas (FIA, FIL, BIAS). This will involve extensive liaison with Head of Ops, Sales, and Marketing & Sponsorship and will require negotiation of international supplier contracts.
- Review Airshow Regulations including Application Form.
- Revision of all FIL and ADS procedures.
The role requires an individual who is able to own, monitor, lead and provide legal advice and guidance to the company in relation to all commercial matters with a focus on contracts and procurement.
Therefore, you must be a fully qualified solicitor with 5 years post qualification in-house experience coupled with reviewing, drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts expertise.
Additionally, you will be acting as an advisor to the Board with regard to commercial risks associated to new business opportunities, potential associations with new and existing external stakeholder partnerships and changes in legislation.
With strong project management and excellent verbal and written communication skills, you will have the ability to devise and present alternative solutions and influence key internal stakeholders.
How to apply
To apply, or for a full job description, e-mail email@example.com
All applicants should e-mail a CV which must include your salary expectations.